Technology is making media and entertainment more easily accessible and readily available to all consumers. Video services like Netflix, which currently has around 44 million subscribers according to CNN Money, and game subscription services such as Activision Blizzard’s World of Warcraft, which currently has upwards of 8 million subscribers according to IGN, are leading the pack when it comes to changing this industry. The Media & Entertainment Industry is so lucrative that even retail giants like Wal-Mart and Target have gotten in on the act. Consumers have now come to expect fast service and instant access to movies, music, and games, and with so many different services now available it is important for companies to remember that good customer service is essential to maintain customer loyalty and draw new customers to their service over competitors.
Challenges for the Media & Entertainment Industry include, but are not limited to:
• Customers have ever-increasing expectations about customer service.
• Phone calls remain the most popular communication channel to address subscription service issues, despite increases in online support offerings.
• Inefficient billing processes make changing or accessing billing data inconvenient for customers.
• Customers must wait in long queues to speak to a representative for answers to common technical or support issues.
• Customization and adaptability are vital for differentiation.
Our perspective on voice self-service for Media & Entertainment clients:
Consumers have now come to expect FAST service and instant ACCESS