The Service Industry is the largest industry in America, encompassing more than three of every four jobs in the economy according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The Services Industry includes business-to-business (B2B) as well as business-to-consumer (B2C) services, including trade services (i.e. mechanic), tech services, installation services, pest control services, etc. Due to the intangible nature of services, a key differentiator for companies within the service industry is maintaining high customer satisfaction rates, which helps retain and grow customer base.
The Services industry faces challenges including but not limited to:
• High overhead for personnel in a labor-intensive business.
• High cost for live agents and long queue wait times to address service requests.
• Costly “not at home” / truck rolls due to customers missing appointments.
• Time-consuming and inconsistent job check-in / check-out process for technicians.
• Too many service events to properly address customer follow-up.
• Limitations of work day hours when live agents are available.
• Coordination and integration of systems and processes to deliver a seamless service experience on the phone and in person.
Our perspective on voice self-service for our Service customers:
Maintaining HIGH customer service RATINGS is a key differentiator for service companies