Shipping & Logistics is an industry that plays a vital role in the supply chain for all businesses. As a growing number of companies outsource shipping and logistics to third-party providers in an effort to reduce operational costs, service providers must find ways to become more competitive. Customer service is a key component of differentiating your shipping and logistics business from competitors. It is important for shipping and logistics companies to provide a customer experience that aligns with the high quality of customer service most consumer-facing businesses provide. Consumers expect a consistent experience from the time they order a product to the moment it arrives at their front door. Your shipping and logistics business can help meet those service level expectations while increasing efficiency by utilizing artificial intelligence voice self-service.
Shipping & Logistics Industry challenges include, but are not limited to:
• Unnecessary costs spent on delivering to locations where no one is available to accept the service or package.
• Limitations on the ability of customers to reschedule appointments.
• Vague delivery arrival times provided to customers because no systems are in place to track drivers and provide real-time ETAs.
• Time consuming and inconsistent delivery check-in / check-out process for drivers.
• Customers expect a consistently high service level across all channels.
• Maintaining high customer satisfaction rates by capturing feedback from customers.
Voice self-service can give shipping and logistics companies the advantage of improving customer service while providing more consistent delivery services. The right solution should allow customers to be updated with accurate arrival times and save time and money with a more efficient delivery process.
Our perspective on voice self-service for Shipping & Logistics customers:
No systems in place to TRACK drivers or provide real-time ETAs